We would like to invite your students to participate in the first ever online global competition, OWLYPIA, which was inspired by The Intellectuals’ Challenge (TIC) and will be held on 28, February, 2018.

Owlypia aims to inspire the intellectual curiosity in young minds around the globe. It provides an excellent opportunity for young individuals to compete with others online and to display their knowledge and skills in their preferred subject. The competition is designed to cultivate the journey of a young mind, while enabling a stu  dent to grow into a fully-fledged intellectual who has the ambition to tackle the challenging problems of the world, with the necessary skills to face his/her failures.

Owlypia Event Details:

Date: Wednesday 28th February, 2018

Time3.30 pm

Venue: Zaman University (for groups of 20 students or more, please contact us to discuss arranging the competition at your school )

Application Fee: $20

Please note: This is an online competition. Each participant must bring their own electronic device such as a smart phone, ipad or laptop. However, if your school has any students who do not possess an electronic device, please let us know and we try to facilitate them

Who can participate? Any student between the ages of 14 and 18, who studies in Cambodia, can enroll to take part in this online competition.

What is the subject content? Students will embrace challenges revolving around a central theme with this year’s theme being ‘Failure: Road to Success’. Participants must choose a preferred subject from:

  • Social Sciences
  • Art and Design
  • Literature and Culture
  • Science and Technology
  • Economics and Business

What is the format of the competition? For each student, 80 per cent of the questions will be on their chosen subject. The remaining 20 per cent of the questions will be on the other four subject categories. Please see the subjects page of TIC for details related to the content of each by clicking here.

Rules:

Only ONE device per applicant is allowed. This is a supervised contest. Accessing any other website besides the contest website during the event is forbidden. STEAM Cambodia reserve the right to refuse entry.

How to prepare: The recommendations and resources provided for each subject help the young participants prepare themselves for the online competition. For the recommendations and resources for each subject, please click here.

How to register: For individual registration, please visit us at the STEAM Cambodia office: Icon Building E5(5th Floor), #68, Norodom Blvd, Phnom Penh Cambodia. For group registration, please contact us at info@steamcambodia.ngo, Tel: 023 72 72 62 or 077 91 86 26.

Awards & Benefits: There are a number of fabulous prizes on offer for the students who excel in the competition. The top 15 students in each subject category will be awarded as follows:

First: free registration to TIC 2018 in Cambridge University, UK

Second to third: £100 gift cards

Fourth to fifth: £80 gift cards

Sixth to seventh: £60 gift cards

Eighth to 15th: University of Cambridge t-shirts

To find out more information, please visit our website at http://www.intellectualschallenge.org/owlypia/.

As STEAM Cambodia, we would like to visit your school to inform your teachers and students about the event. Please contact us on 023 72 72 62 if you would like us to schedule a visit to your school.

We are looking forward to welcoming you, and your students to our global community of future intellectual and industry leaders.